In this episode of Beyond The Microphone, host Adam Baruh discusses the transformative power of taking leaps of faith, both personally and professionally. Adam shares his own journey of transitioning from a corporate office to working from home, planning a move back to his roots in the San Francisco Bay Area, and the emotional courage required to step into the world of podcasting. Special guest Becca Murphy, host of the Blue Rose podcast, joins Adam to explore her experiences with travel, personal growth, and the concept of play that shapes her podcast.
– Adam introduces the podcast and shares his current life transition, including moving from a corporate office to working from home and planning a significant move to the San Francisco Bay Area.
– Adam reflects on leaps of faith, the importance of family, and the courage it takes to step outside one’s comfort zone.
[00:02:00] Leaps of Faith in Podcasting
– Adam discusses the initial fears and challenges of starting a podcast and the growth that comes from taking risks.
– He shares his past experiences with leaps of faith, including becoming a wedding photographer and the personal development that follows such endeavors.
[00:05:00] Welcoming Guest Becca Murphy
– Becca Murphy, host of the Blue Rose podcast, is introduced. Her podcast focuses on the concept of play and features a diverse range of guests including authors, athletes, and artists.
[00:06:00] Becca’s Background and Podcasting Journey
– Becca shares her background from the Pacific Northwest and her experiences living abroad in Switzerland and Madrid.
– She discusses her path to starting a podcast, initially recording conversations during hikes and runs, and the evolution of her show’s focus and structure.
[00:10:00] Travel and Self-Discovery
– Becca and Adam discuss how travel can challenge belief systems and lead to self-discovery.
– They talk about the value of new experiences, learning from mistakes, and the friendships formed through travel.
[00:14:00] The Changing Nature of Travel Desires
– Becca expresses her current desire to settle down after extensive travel and the realization that trying new things is the best way to learn about oneself.
[00:17:00] Podcasting as a Reflection of Life’s Journeys
– Adam draws parallels between the organic, unscripted nature of travel and his approach