In this episode of What I Wish I Knew podcast, host Irene Ortiz-Glass is joined by Dr. Jacquelyn Sammons, a highly skilled and compassionate physician specializing in women’s health. Dr. Sammons shares her unique integrative approach to treating menopausal and perimenopausal women, focusing on the whole system rather than individual symptoms.
Key discussion points in the episode include:
1. Understanding the hormonal changes that occur during menopause and perimenopause.
2. The role of cholesterol in hormone production and the impact of low cholesterol diets on women’s health.
3. Common symptoms experienced by women during this transitional phase, including hot flashes, night sweats, irritability, brain fog, chronic fatigue, and weight gain.
4. The mental health impact of menopause and perimenopause, and the importance of understanding the role of inflammation in psychological issues.
5. Dr. Sammons’s multifaceted approach to healing, which includes hormone therapy, gut health, nutrition, hydration, correcting vitamin D levels, and exercise.
6. The importance of community and open discussion about women’s health issues, particularly during this often misunderstood phase of life.
Dr. Sammons’s practice, Transformation Health and Wellness, is based in Anaheim Hills, California, and is open to all ages. She encourages a proactive approach to health and wellness, offering support and guidance for those considering surgery and those simply seeking to optimize their health.