Welcome back to another episode of Beyond The Microphone. I’m your host, Adam Baruh, and today we’re delving into the crucial topic of mental health with our esteemed guest, Terry McGuire, co-host of the podcast “Giving Voice to Depression.” In this episode, we explore the nuances of depression, the stigma surrounding mental health, and the importance of authentic engagement in growing our podcast audience.
### Targeted Daily Engagement for Podcast Growth
– Adam talks about the importance of engaging with your audience authentically for 15-30 minutes a day.
– The significance of understanding your audience and where they consume content.
– Why promotional sharing doesn’t always translate to increased downloads.
### Terry McGuire: A Voice for Depression
– Terry shares her personal journey with depression and how it led to her starting the podcast.
– The conversation touches on the shame associated with mental health and the struggles of recognizing depression as an illness.
– Terry discusses the shift in societal perception of mental health since the pandemic.
### The Healing Power of Sharing Stories
– Terry reflects on the impact of her podcast and the healing power of vulnerability.
– How sharing personal experiences can break the stigma and provide solace to others.
– The importance of honoring guests’ stories and the therapeutic effect of storytelling.
### The Age of Awareness and Human Connection
– Adam and Terry discuss the emerging societal shift towards mental health awareness.
– Terry’s take on how podcasting can foster a sense of connection in an era where it’s increasingly difficult to connect.
– Giving Voice to Depression: Terry McGuire’s podcast aimed at destigmatizing mental health: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/giving-voice-to-depression/id1208566376
– Giving Voice to Depression Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/GivingVoiceToDepression
– Terry McGuire, Giving Voice to Depress, on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/givingvoicetodepression/