In this episode of "What I Wish I Knew", host Irene Ortiz-Glass has an insightful conversation with Ali Rezaei, a compounding pharmacist and founder of King's Pharmacy. They delve into the world of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and compounding hormones, discussing their benefits and the best ways to use them.
Key Discussion Points:
1. **Role of a Compounding Pharmacist**: Ali Rezaei explains the role of a compounding pharmacist in consulting with physicians and patients on medication dosages, drug interactions, medical equipment, disease management, and the side effects of hormones and over-the-counter medication.
2. **Bioidentical vs. Synthetic Hormones**: Ali explains that bioidentical hormones are identical to the hormones our bodies naturally produce, while synthetic hormones are not. He prefers to use bioidentical hormones because they can be measured in the body and are more predictable in how a woman might respond to them.
3. **Delivery Options for Hormone Therapy**: Ali recommends topical administration for estrogen and oral administration for progesterone. He also mentions that the timing of taking these medications can affect the outcome.
4. **Compounded Thyroid**: Ali discusses the benefits of compounded thyroid for those who are not responsive to traditional thyroid medications.
5. **How to Contact Ali**: Ali is relocating to a new state-of-the-art facility in Irvine, California. He can be reached through King's Pharmacy's website or Dr. Compound's website.
Please note: The information shared in this podcast is not meant to replace the advice of a medical professional. Always consult with a healthcare provider for personalized advice.
Find out more about Mira:
Visit https://kingspharma.com/ for more information about King's Pharmacy + Compounding Center