In this episode of What I Wish I Knew, host Irene Ortiz-Glass sits down with Sylvia Kang, the co-founder and CEO of Mira, a company dedicated to giving women the power of lab testing at home. They discuss the importance of understanding and tracking hormonal changes, especially during perimenopause and menopause.
– Sylvia Kang shares her journey of founding Mira, inspired by witnessing the struggles of women around her trying to conceive. She discusses the lack of adequate fertility products and the stress and disappointment women face when they can’t understand what’s happening in their bodies.
– Sylvia talks about the development of Mira, which aims to provide the accuracy of lab testing at home. Mira tests multiple hormones, including LH, estrogen, progesterone, and FSH, providing numerical data just like a blood test would.
– Irene shares her personal experience with Mira and how it helped her manage her surgical menopause. The ability to test her hormones daily at home allowed her to adjust her hormone therapy and find her ‘sweet spot’.
– Sylvia discusses the importance of understanding the ratio of estrogen to progesterone and how it differs for each woman.
– They talk about the need for more scientific research in women’s health and the importance of generating social awareness around it.
*Discount code for Mira bundle packages: menocoaching
Remember to subscribe, rate, and review What I Wish I Knew, and stay tuned for the next episode.
Remember to visit https://www.menocoaching.com to access additional resources and sign up for updates on upcoming podcast episodes and Irene’s book release. Please leave a review on the podcast to help spread the word and empower more women on their menopause journey.