In this episode of Beyond The Microphone, host Adam Baruh discusses the importance of vulnerability and about his healing journey that led into his own podcasting. Adam then welcomes guest Lisa Tickel, a childhood abuse survivor and host of the upcoming podcast, “Healing & Growing, Hand in Hand”.
– Adam begins the episode by sharing his own story of overcoming trauma and the power of vulnerability in podcasting. He discusses how he used to believe that his painful past was a story of shame, but through his healing journey, he realized it was a story of resilience and growth.
– Lisa shares her own journey of healing from childhood abuse, which started when she was 19 and has continued into her 60s. She talks about the importance of self-awareness and the power of sharing her story in a safe and supportive environment.
– Lisa and Adam discuss the difference between shame and guilt, and how understanding this distinction was a turning point in their healing journeys.
– Lisa talks about the EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) therapy she used to help process her trauma and regain her voice.
– Both Adam and Lisa discuss the importance of empathy and understanding that everyone is dealing with their own struggles. They also touch on the power of vulnerability in breaking down barriers and fostering connection.
– Lisa shares some of the practices that help her recharge and maintain her mental health, such as spending time with family, dancing, and taking time for herself.
This episode is a powerful exploration of the healing journey, the power of vulnerability, and the importance of self-awareness in overcoming trauma.
Remember to tune in to Lisa’s upcoming podcast, Healing and Growing Hand in Hand, to hear more about her story and her work in helping others on their healing journeys.
More about Lisa:
– Listen to Healing & Growing Hand in Hand: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/healing-and-growing-hand-in-hand/id1704368326